Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Therapy

Therapy yesterday...going to Bayers Farm Market, pumpkins, mum, melon, peppers.....

TODAY'S therapy, making my famous fresh salsa:
Chop:
2 large tomatoes 
4 banana peppers
1 small jalapeno pepper
onion to taste (1/4 cup or more if you want)
Add:
1 can black beans, rinsed & drained (or another type of bean if you prefer)
fresh parsley
Mix this dressing and pour over the chopped vegetables:
1/8 c. apple cider vinegar
1/4 c lime juice
3 TBSLP olive oil
1 TBLSP sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp cumin
dash of garlic powder.
Serve with tortilla chips.   I have also added avacodo, mango, corn and jicama...you can't mess this recipe up.
Our family loves it. ENJOY!!

1 comment:

  1. Susan, you always have been one of my heroes :) Now I can see how very brave you are, and I want to be more like you than ever :)

    ReplyDelete