Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Pee Couch

So today I did my morning walk (over a mile) then made cranberry scones, washed dishes, exercised,visited with a friend, walked some more......now very tired, relaxing on my friend, the pee couch.
Leah said I need to explain the pee couch.   We have neighbors who throw good stuff out.  We have retrieved from their trash at the curb ...a TV, a coffee pot, a cd player with detachable speakers, a landscape pond...  we have made covert trips across the street to retrieve the goods before someone else picked them up. Or I made Micah do it.  :)   I finally called my neighbor and said "Please just call me if you have good stuff like that to get rid of!"  So she did one day, said she had a tan loveseat...has recliners in both seats and did I want it??    After checking it out Tom and his brother carried it across the street for me....it was heavy!!  but it smelled of urine....ewwww....so I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned and deodorized, stuck fabric softener sheets in every crack of the cushions.....put it outside to air out...left it in the garage for awhile....finally it was worthy of being in my living room.....hence the name pee couch.  I was all set to get rid of it soon, but now it is my friend, it reclines almost flat in the second position....and it is so comfortable to sleep on (not Tom though he is tooooo long) so it may get to stay in my living room, after I am recouped enough to spend a whole night in my bed. 

1 comment:

  1. you forgot to mention the steak knife!!!!!!!!!! found down the side of the couch.....

    ReplyDelete