Monday, September 21, 2009

Stereotactic Breast Biopsy

I wanted to go back again and explain what my experience was like with this biopsy, didn't really give any details earlier.  Just one of those so you know what your momma went through...now you know...and can ask questions if you want....

I of course looked it up on the internet...had heard of this awkward table that you laid on...I even asked my gynecologist the couple of days before I had the biopsy if they were still using the tables and he kinda chuckled and said "Yeah I heard they use those"  ....but no details.  Well the table was a high table you had to crawl up onto (using a stepstool)  you had to lay stomach down and it had a strategically placed hole so your breast could hang down.  They explained how they would compress the breast (mammogram) and find the best angle to insert the needle.  They numbed me a couple needle pricks...not too bad.  I had to lay with my face towards a big window...which they assured me no one could look into (construction workers...haha) but when laying down all i could see was the top of the trees.  They proceeded to compress and work under me...sounded like they were on a dolly...couldn't understand why they didn't raise the table so they could work more comfortably under me??
During stereo imaging, two-dimensional digital images of your breast are taken from two different angles. Both images are sent to a computer for image analysis. The computer compares the data from each image and calculates the three-dimensional location coordinates for your breast abnormality. which mine were calcification clusters.. With such precise information to guide the biopsy needle, the radiologist can accurately sample fluid or tissue.  I had a vacuum assisted biopsy (which may take eight or ten tissue samples) . Because they leave scars that can show up on mammograms and ultrasound, a tiny metal tag, clip, or marker was left at the biopsy site, it also helps radiology technicians locate the biopsy site for future use if needed.  They showed us the little marker, like $300 for the titanium speck they put in there.  I want to ask for a refund now...I am sure they can sterilize it and recycle the little thing.....
When i was undergoing this procedure it wasn't horrible, I was numb, just laying there...not too uncomfortable on the hard plastic rounded table...I was just laying there asking God for his presence to be with me and give me his peace....just about then one bird flew across the sky and landed in the tiptop of the tree.  There was no other activity in the sky.  It was a comfort...it reminded me of the Holy Spirit...then soon two other birds joined him...haha Okay I thought The Father, The Son AND the Holy Spirit!!!  wow God is amazing...such great peace....
afterward the technician and I got into a discussion on human trafficking and Costa Rica...i think she had been there recently is how we got on this discussion, so of course Micah i had to tell all about your adventures and explain the documentary  :)
It was amazing the peace that God gave me AND Tom during this whole whirlwind couple of weeks before surgery and after.  I remember after the biopsy it wasn't a peace like....you won't have cancer type of peace...but a peace like I will take care of you NO MATTER what may come your way kinda peace...which is even a better promise.  I can truthfully say that I didn't have any fear.....no fear, just His peace....what an amazing blessing that is, if you need it....ask Him for it ....He will give it to you... and keep your mind stayed on Him.

2 comments:

  1. Small bits of content which are explained in details, helps me understand the topic, thank you!

    Breast imaging

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Ivan and I have just had the worst years of my life, but now I hope I’m looking at a much
    brighter future. This is my story of how my life changed for the worst and how I had to overcome the ignorance of
    certain sections of the medical profession. I had to board a plane not once but twice while semi paralysed and fly to
    Germany to have the relevant tests done that would prove to all once and for all that I had Lyme/Borreliosis, because
    In my own country doctors refused to accept the word of one of their colleagues. The medical profession refused to
    consider that I could be suffering from Lyme Disease/Borreliosis even though one of their own had dared to suggest it.
    I was watching TV in bed till about 10:30am when I noticed what seemed like the vertical hold slipping and the picture
    on the TV going funny for a second. I thought nothing of it at the time and got out of bed and went to make a cup of
    tea. Whilst the kettle was on I ran a bath, I was going to clean myself up and go to work to see everyone, because it
    was a loss for all the people at work as well as our family. While in the bathroom I felt the floor move just for a
    second. I went downstairs thinking that it was odd but nothing more. I made my cup of tea and went up the stairs to
    have a good soak in the bath. While drinking my tea and walking up the stairs it happened again, the floor seemed to
    move making me take a seat on the stairs, again it soon passed. And I carried on toward the bathroom when my
    phone rang in the bedroom - it was work. This was when I noticed that I was slurring on the phone. I hung up and
    went to the bathroom to look at myself in the mirror. I looked ok and was feeling ok.
    Whatever it was I still didn’t feel it was anything too serious. I got into the bath and then it all started I couldn’t stand.
    I felt like gravity was getting it’s own back for all the years I had taken it for granted. I was now fighting to keep my
    head above the water while I tried to take the plug out with my left foot as the right one had lost all coordination.
    I managed to slide out of the bath, how long it took is all a blur now that I look back. Now I was convinced I was
    dying. My children were at school and my wife had gone to see friends, I was alone and scared, my face was numb
    down the one side, what was happening to me? Then after what seemed a lifetime but I’m sure was only a few
    minutes it started to fade, I managed to drag myself to the bedroom naked and soaked.
    Then I got introduce to Dr Itua Herbal Medicine by a friend of mine at work when he sees how I was battling with the disease, He gave me Dr Itua contact so I contacted him on whatsapp then I explain to him on how I was diagnosis of lyme disease so he assure me that he will cure me with his herbal medicine which I will drink for three weeks to cure so I make a purchase with the herbal medicine through moneygram money transfer so faithful of him he deliver me the herbal medicine so he instructed me on how to drink it which I did and hopefully like he promised me the herbal medicine cured me and today I'm now a free person and I thank my dear friend who introduce Dr Itua to my life.
    You can contact Dr Itua On Email or whatsapp .... . drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com  / Whatsapp ... +2348149277967 if you are suffering from the below disease written because he promised me that he can cure the following diseases......Herpes,
    Prostate Breast Cancer
    Brain Cancer
    CEREBRAL VASCULAR ACCIDENT.
    ,Endometrial Cancer, cerebrovascular diseases
    Hepatitis,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Tach Disease,Shingles,
    Lung Cancer, Leukemia Lymphoma Cancer,
    Lung Mesothelioma Asbestos,
    Ovarian Cervical Uterine Cancer,
    Skin Cancer, Brain Tumor,
    H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE 5.
    HIV,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Cervical Cancer
    Colo-rectal Cancer
    Blood Cancer
    SYPHILIS.
    Diabetes
    Liver / Inflammatory kidney
    Epilepsy

    ReplyDelete