Friday, October 30, 2009

Pain for beauty?

These last few weeks of expansion have been rough.  My week revolves around my Thursday appointment, working 9-10 hrs Mon -Wed, feeling pretty good by Thursday, starting the cycle all over again.... I have worked it so far that I only have to work 3 hrs on Friday.  3 very long hours, Thursday nights there is not much sleep. If I can get to sleep I wake up 1 hr before time for vicadin....waiting waiting...take vicadin...waiting..waiting...for it to kick in so i can go back to sleep.  I sleep 2 hrs out of every 4 if i am fortunate...then quit taking vicadin so i can go to work...pain, pain, work, back home to vicadin on Friday.  sigh.....
This too shall pass, the Surgeon said .."your fall will be heck, but you should be pretty good by Christmas"  I don't want to wish my life away but I am so ready for the surgery on Dec. 1st.  A couple weeks off of work, and I have heard that the pain with the expanders is gone when the surgery to put the implants in is done.  Thank You Jesus.  It is beautiful outside today, sunny, breezy...even warm.  I am on the couch wishing i felt like taking a walk. But thankful that I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel....God has been so ever present, faithful and true.
Micah and the Exodus Cry team is in Thailand, Benji & Matt are sick.  I am praying that Micah & Steve will be spared this sickness, and that Matt & Benji be healed and feel much better today.  The enemy works so hard to keep this crew from their task....God be their healer, protector, strong tower...strengthen them to shine Your Light in the dark places.

No comments:

Post a Comment