Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Light at the end of the tunnel...

No, not THE LIGHT...as in "it is so beautiful"  but that this part of the journey is almost over....
One more expansion treatment next week, then surgery on Dec. 1st.   Always be wary of a doctor who says "you will probably have some discomfort".....translated means "It is gonna hurt like hell".
"Whenever God Closes One Door He Always
 Opens Another , Even Though
Sometimes It's Hell in the Hallway" 
This has been a painful journey, but one I am glad I took.  I have had to miss more work than I thought the last couple of weeks.  Today the Dr. asked how I was doing, and if I noticed any difference...I said, "Yes, tighter and harder"...He said "Yep, it is gonna get tighter and harder in the next two weeks!"   My only concern is getting a uniboob.  Yes I have seen pictures...where your muscle must come loose from your sternum and you loose the valley...and it becomes a uniboob.  (I won't grace you with a picture of that, LOL)  I am sure they could fix it during surgery...it sure feels like it could rip off the sternum...the muscles are screaming for it to stop.  I have been able to control some of the back/shoulder pain with hot baths and constantly being on the heating pad.   So you see why I am looking toward the light, have heard when they take the expanders out the pain leaves immediately,really  looking forward to that! God has been my constant source of strength in this hallway of life, my hubby so helpful and thoughtful...I don't know what I would do without him.  
Love that man....  let's grow old together.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment