Saturday, December 19, 2009

After Surgery again....

Wow, can't believe it has been 19 days since surgery.....the pain, the process is already starting to fade from my memory...or else the anesthetic has helped, haha.   Surgery was outpatient, couple hours, home to my beloved couch.  It was a different kind of pain this time....surgery pain, not intense muscle stretching screaming kind of pain.  The best part was over my 2 week recoupment time I knew that the pain only was going to get less and less.  One week after surgery I went back to the Dr, wearing a bandeau bra type thing to help the implants be pulled down.  He said every thing looked good...to still wear the contraption...until I see him again the first of January. bummer...was hoping to shed this thing before leaving for KC.  He asked about going back to work and when i wanted to go back.....I said "January?"   He said "what do you do again?"  i hesitantly said "siiiit at a desk all day" sheepishly...He said he really couldn't write me off that long ,:)  so we decided on Dec 15th.  So this week i went back to work, wasn't too bad, worked 8-9 hrs a day.  Only working 2 days next week then going to KC for 10 days!!  Can't wait.   Tried to sleep in the bed last night...didn't work. That is the worst thing..have to still sleep sitting upright....will be glad to shed all reminders of the surgeries and get back to normal........... (getting back to normal??? next post)

1 comment:

  1. One of your friends shared your site with me. D. Lime, I am going thru the same thing as you and I am lagging behind you. Cancer surgery in aug, got my stretcher Nov. 11th, got rid of my tube today, Yea!! So mid month they will start putting liquid into the stretcher. The PAIN, I thought I had been kicked by a mule, but I realize that wasn't so, I was hoping that some of the pain was over but according to your blog I can see it is going to be a painful few months ahead of me. Thank you of the heads up, at least I know what to expect now and I see it is not going to be a easy journey. May God bless you and Keep you. In his love. Nita Newberry, if you would like to get in touch with me for any reason as Debra and she will give you my email address...

    ReplyDelete